Sunday 24 June 2012

Hi, kifak, Ça va?

Hallelujah, South London, I shouldn't have doubted you. I had the pleasure of discovering a hidden Lebanese gem in Tooting Bec this weekend. Meza is a delightfully cosy (albeit a bit crammed but that just adds to the experience) little restaurant - with just five tables. We sat at the counter and although a table later opened up, the staff were so friendly and chatty we decided to stick around and watch them cook.

If you plan on visiting - do reserve, unless you want to have a late dinner in true Lebo fashion, tables get available after 10pm and this is what we did. If you need to kill time while waiting for a table there's a charming pub at the corner of the road Wheatsheaf where I was delighted to find wine served in carafes, mellow jazz, and a buzzing crowd.

Everything you order at Meza will be fantastic - I am truly my fathers daughter when it comes to refusing to pick up the menu at a lebanese restaursnt because i know exactly what i want. I particularly recommend the fattoush salad (not on the menu but delicious if you like pomegranates).

The bill came to a reasonable £25 for two (without drinks) - and we even took a doggy bag home! This is definitely going to become one of my regulars.

Yallah, bye!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment