Friday 6 July 2012

Borough fever!

I've rediscovered Borough market this week and I'm loving it. Why did I stop visiting? The stupid decisions I make, anyhuu here it goes ...

A big shout out to Bedales - a perfectly charming Spanish bar to indulge in bottle(s) of Rose, on the side walk (the barrels look pretty but the accompanying stools are uncomfortable, I'd opt for a lower seat if I were you!), and delicious nibbles (chorizo and ham is a plenty) including pinxho which I was introduced to on my last trip to Barcelona . We had a good spot to watch the laser show celebrating the opening of the Shard - Europe's tallest building. Having lived in Dubai, and witnessed the opening of the Burj Khalifah (double the height of the shard), I have to say I was more enamored by this bar that everyone else around that we're aflutter!

Last Saturday I also ventured out to Borough market, and have to say Caneles des Bordoux you are delicious - a bite sized French dessert with a custard centre and caramalised shell ..... This one had bits of orange in it too!

And lastly, my favorite, I can't go to Borough market and not have Raclette - a tremendously indulgent Swiss dish that tastes like heaven in your mouth. Imagine oozing hot cheese and potatoes and pickles, what's not to like?






No comments:

Post a Comment