Sunday 17 June 2012

Mama Italia and Design Day

Dear foodies, Apologies for being lazy and quietly gobbling away in silence. Have been feeling rubbish for not sharing glorious food moments experienced at home and away this year (Marseille, Roma, Naples, Sicily, Windsor, Paris and Barcelona). I've decided to start small and share discoveries as I stumble along.

Enjoyed a splendidly windy Saturday at the Design Museum - check out the Designs of the Year 2012 exhibit (my personal favorite is this inflatable biking helmet) and an exhibit celebrating 20 years of Christian Laboutain if you're a stiletto fan... being the most clumbsy person alive I must admit the man makes quality shoes, got a pair of classic black pumps for my birthday (thanks shiz!) a few years ago which are still lasting me.





Headed to Greenwich for dinner, after being put off and rejected by the Old Brewery for not having a reservation we found a buzzing little Italian restaurant called Bianco 43. Sleek, simple an lively! If you're looking for homely rustic food, friendly service and a good vibe I much recommend this place.



Starter: Oyster salad with celery, potatoes and parsley
Mains: strasconati al ragu bianco di pesce e brocolli; carne with potatoes
Dessert: embarrassed to say I didn't have any space left for this
Drink: Much recommend the Pinot Grigio

Cost: Bill came to approx 30 pounds each with two generous glasses of Pinot grigio

Verdict: Very charming, defo heading back

Ciao bellissime!

No comments:

Post a Comment