Sunday 4 December 2011

Walk into a Carribbean Diner

After a Jill Scott concert at the 02 in Brixton, I was scurrying along, trying to find a place to eat. All the resaurants I know were shut by 11pm and so we ended up at an unfamiliar Caribbean diner - Bickles - on coldharbour lane. Surprisingly full for the time of night, it was evident that this little gem is frequented by regular diners who all seem to be on first name basis win the owner, a kind and down to earth gentleman to serves and recommends food to you himself. I had the goat curry with rice and beans, simple, fresh and full of spices and flavor. A wholese meal within six pounds. Add a side of plantain on the side (grilled and delicious) for just 60p. That also includes a fresh juice of your choice. I went with soursop which is a local favorite, sweet but sour. Definitely an interesting eat. I've been to this place twice this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment